Amaury Sport Organisation is a company that owns, designs and organises top international sporting events. Specialised in non-stadia events, it boasts the necessary skills in-house for all the aspects of organising, publicising and marketing sports competitions. For the 70 events that it organises in twenty countries, totalling 270 days of competition per year, A.S.O. also takes on a responsible dimension, conveyed through appropriate actions regarding the environment, safety and solidarity. A.S.O. is present in 4 sporting spheres, particularly in cycling with the Tour de France, in rally-raids with the Dakar, in sailing via the Tour de France à la Voile and in general public running events such as the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris. Amaury Sport Organisation is a subsidiary of the Amaury Group, a media and sports group that owns the French newspaper L’Équipe.
For its Media Division, A.S.O. is recruiting a Communications and Social Media Officer on a fixed-term contract
Under the supervision of the Head of Communication for Social Networks and in close collaboration with the sports division’s teams, you will take part in developing the image and reputation of A.S.O.’s events on all the social networks.
1. Community Management:
- Participating in upstream definition of digital strategies for events, on each of their pages and accounts on the social networks.
- Managing, before, during and after the event, administration and activity of accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other networks, for all of A.S.O.’s events (posts, competitions, etc.).
- Participating in development of digital platforms and digital products.
- Designing and piloting creation of photo, video and other content intended for the social networks.
- Developing the appeal, interactivity and visibility of content with partners, local authorities, sportspersons, medias, broadcasters, bloggers, etc.
- Assisting with implementation of influencer strategy.
- Carrying out monitoring of best digital practices and emerging social networks.
- Presenting live feeds by attending the events, to relay information live from the events on the social networks.
2. Platform development, advertising budget management and production content:
- Coordinating, alongside the technical teams, production of the videos required (teasers, near live format, etc.).
- Being in contact with the platform managers to propose innovations and to develop new formats.
- Dedicating to quality innovative content to increase audience numbers and to rise to the stakes of communication.
3. Measurement of performance for social and digital initiatives:
- Defining and monitoring indicators that enable tracking of the community’s life (number of posts, engagement, reach, etc.).
- Creating quantitative and qualitative post-event reports as well as promoting innovative actions.
- Monitoring the audience of the community’s various media and establishing comparative benchmarks.
- Managing the history and archiving of reports to enable progress year upon year.
4. Servicing digital operations:
- Carrying out delivery of digital operations to sponsors.
- Assisting with the marketing process for partner offers alongside the new media teams.
- Contributing to implementation of new tools to propose to sponsors.
- Performing monitoring of best practices with regard to new means of digital sponsoring.
Internal / external contacts:
- Events Division, Business and Support Division.
- Sites: Facebook; Twitter; Google; Instagram, Snapchat; content sharing sites (video, music, etc.), communication agencies, new media partners, sponsors, broadcasters, teams, etc.
You are a native English-speaker and can speak French.
You have a higher education qualification at masters level in multimedia. You already have initial professional experience in the domain of digital communication and in particular in administration and facilitation on social networks.
In addition to a passion for sport in general, you have good knowledge of the world of motorsport and its media environment. You have a high affinity for the digital sphere and marketing 2.0.
You are known for your excellent editorial capacities, analytical spirit, taste for contacts and investigation as well as your sense of diplomacy. You are proficient with Adobe Photoshop software. You also have strong adaptation skills and are able to work both independently and in a project team.